Thursday, June 10, 2010

Beef in my Maryland Crab Soup??

ok so today at work I was feeling a way. Not sure why or what but I could feel that there was an anxiety growing in my chest. I even said to a co worker I feel like I am gonna cuss somebody out today! Again not sure why but it was a feeling. I stepped out at lunch to go to the bank and came back soon. I only get a 30 minute lunch so I ran upstairs to the "cafe" to grab something quick to eat. I ordered a small cup of md crab soup. I sat down with my friends and ate and talked. As I was eating I noticed a big chunk in my soup. At first it was covered with the crab meat and I thought it may have been a piece of crab meat from the claw. Upon further review (a closer look) I saw that the consistency was not right for my initial thought. So then I am thinking maybe its a beef bouillion cube...not sure why it would still be whole in the soup since it was hot it would have dissolved. I am basically forcing myself to not believe what I believe it is in the bowl....a chunk of beef. Now outside of the following: being from Baltimore, MARYLAND and having never been anywhere here where they have made md crab soup with beef chunks or known anyone to add this to md crab soup I was baffled. the problem is that I don't eat red meat at all and haven't for 20 years! So there in lies the problem....
I asked the lady in the cafe, who by the way I know well, if it was beef and she said yes, I always put beef in my crab soup. So needless to say I was pissed! I have had her crab soup severeal times and didn't run across any beef chunks and I know several others that have enjoyed the soup as well and never come across beef chunks. I threw away my $3.13 lunch and left to go back downstairs. My pressure was very high...I was hot all over my body I felt like I was on fire. I was pissed to say the least.
The joy in having a cafe in your office is being able to CHOOSE what you want to eat. If there had been a sign or something posted that stated there was beef in the md crab soup I would have CHOSEN another item...see kids you can make your own choices!
I know that I am not the only person in the entire building that doesn't eat red meat so it could have been anybody And I don't expect her to cook the food based on what I eat or don't eat...all i am saying is post it somewhere.......
the other issue that was later brought to my attention was that the soup from yesterday was beef and barley.....coincidence???? One can say yes maybe...I am not saying that they used left over B&B soup because I can't but I'm just saying...coincidence????
I was hot for the rest of the day...super pissed. I did have a little nausea and when I got home I just slept it off. But oh what a day.....I love my job and the cafe because I get to have a CHOICE.

No comments:

Post a Comment